I’ve been talking about bravery almost always maybe because I rarely consider myself having the heart to fight off all my demons. Oftentimes I just think of myself as the most unoriginal person of this lifetime mainly because I regain composure from the things that surround me (i.e. books, music, people, v/blogs, zine write-ups, etc.). Most times I’m just a super awkward fat person who fakes it until she makes it.
The idea of this mix sprang from a photoset I saw on Tumblr three days ago.
Someone even reblogged this and added: Why do it on Halloween when you can do it every day? Thing is, under thick layers of sarcasm, wit, skin and muscle, we are all haunted by no other than crippling self doubt. From what I’ve gathered, it’s the cancer of twenty-somethings. Even at 23, I am extremely terrified of this so I made a list of a few songs that lift up my spirit.
- “True Love Will Find You In The End” by Wilco
- “World Spins Madly On” by The Weepies
- “Someday You Will Be Loved” by Death Cab For Cutie
- “Lost Girls” by Tilly and The Wall
- “Fade Away” by Sugarfree
- “The Perfect Ending” by Straylight Run
- “Lifening” by Snow Patrol
- “Be OK” by Ingrid Michaelson
- “The Resolution” by Jack’s Mannequin
- “Another Day Montage” by RENT 2008 Cast