1: Thank the person who awarded you the Liebster award and link back to their page
2: Answer the eleven questions your nominator has developed. Post eleven random facts about yourself, and then develop a further eleven questions for eleven nominees who have 200 followers or less (this rule I broke. Some of my nominees do fit the requirement, but most of my followers/people I am following are awesome and have hundreds of thousands of followers – but I enjoy what they write so I gave it to them anyway. I know, I’m a horrible person! I ought to be purged from society!)
3: Alert your eleven nominees of the award
4: Post the award on your site
Questions from Derek:
Question One: If you wish to share, please, explain why you chose to originally begin blogging?
I was in fourth grade when I started writing on my journal because I had very few friends. I was bored, I had no one to talk to, my sister and I weren’t close at that time (seriously, we were ALWAYS fighting) so I kept a diary and when I got too lazy to write, I created a LiveJournal blog. Keeping it classy.
Question Two: Is there someone that you admire? A family member; a friend; a celebrity; a member of government; a notable historical individual, et al? Who is this certain someone, and what is it about them that you admire?
I was asked the same question on one of my coaching sessions and I never will change my answer: John and Hank Green. Honestly, I never knew these two amazing human beings existed until 2009 when I read Looking For Alaska. They started several of the most acknowledged shenanigans in the history of the Internet like VlogBrothers, VidCon, DFTBA, etc. I admire their passion in making this world a more bearable by creating things and connections and wonderfully written songs and novels. These guys are amazing and so is the whole nerd fighter community!
Question Three: Say you are going on a trip – could be for business; could be a vacation – entirely your prerogative. Apart from your clothes and any other obvious personnel utensils necessary for trips and such, what are some of the things that you personally cannot go anywhere without?
A book, cigarettes, a lighter, and my phone. Ugh, I sound frakking ridiculous but it’s the truth. I don’t want to lie so I’m saying it: I’ve recently discovered that I am nicotine-dependent. I just can’t quit, I have tried a gazillion times but I always go back.
Question Four: You are suddenly bestowed with the ability to become, for an entire week, a character of your choice, from any book, film, television series or theatrical production. Who do you choose to become, what will you do over the course of the week, and why?
I’d be an astronaut, fly in space for a week until I understand that in the grand scheme of things, I’m just a tiny human being and that’s okay.
Question Five: Hypothetically, imagine a unique contagion has spread across the world. The next thing you eat, whether it be a chocolate bar or a piece of broccoli; a slice of meat or a piece of pie; you will inevitably turn into this piece of food. For instance, just say you ate a chocolate bar – a few hours later you will turn into a life sized bar of chocolate; however, you will still retain your head, arms and legs. For dignity’s purposes, you can still wear clothes – although I don’t know how a person who ate a spider will go attempting to fit into a pair of trousers. Now, there is no cure, so you will remain as this piece of food for the rest of your life.
You eat something, not knowing of the contagious viral outbreak. What do you eat? Hypothetically, why did you make this choice?
For those who are daring, on top of the prescribed question above, not only are you turned into a piece of food, but you can only eat food from the group that you have become. For instance, a person turned into a piece of fruit, can only eat fruit. A person turned into a vegetable, can only eat vegetables. A person who becomes a potato chip can only eat potatoes, salt and artificial preservatives. A person who becomes a block of chocolate can only eat chocolate, dairy and sugar. If you don’t eat from these food groups – well let’s just say that is not in the rules! (tee hee!) Do you maintain your original choice in what food you eat and inevitably become, or have you changed your mind? If so, what do you wish to become instead and why?
I’d probably eat cake because cakes are awesome. I won’t change my mind because cakes are awesome period.
Question Six: Do you play video games? (I am not talking about Angry Birds here; I’m talking about First Person Shooters, Third Person Action Games, Real Time Strategy, Role Playing Games and Massive Multiplayer Online, etc). If not, do you understand the world of video games? Do you understand why many men have an avid fascination with gaming, or do you think gaming in general is a stupid and immature waste of time and money?
I don’t actually play video games because I suck at everything. Yes, even Dance Dance Revolution which explains the number of friends I had when I was young. I have no idea whatsoever why men are enticed to gaming but I don’t think it’s stupid and/or immature. We all have things that make us tick; I can do a 24-hour movie marathon and I don’t think I’m fucked in the head. Ah, to each his own.
Question Seven: A vile antagonist just insulted you! That rat bastard! How do your proceed? Do you walk away, avoiding the situation altogether and hope nothing more comes of it? Do you calmly attempt to deescalate the situation by explaining to the individual that you do not wish for there to be any confrontation? Or do you clench your fist and bonk this person on the nose, making Chuck Norris look like the second greatest action hero in comparison to you? Perhaps you could do a combination of all three? Or perhaps you have an alternate suggestion? What are your thoughts? Or you could always avoid this question entirely because the man who wrote it is obvious deranged.
Depends on what kind of insult the bastard threw my way. If it’s the usual, say fat, ugly, and whatnots, I’d probably just give this repulsive person a stink eye and walk away but if the comment involves anything bordering on some kind of prejudice (race, sexual orientation, etc), then that’s a different story. I’d possibly make a scene and the person would definitely regret it big time.
Question Eight: Is there one country you have not travelled to yet but really wish to see? What is this country and why do you wish to go there? What might you do over the course of your stay there?
Honestly, I am way too frightened of flying to a foreign land. I’m pretty much an indoorsman who dreams of traveling the world but is also a wuss. Anyway, I’ve always wanted to go to Cambodia because of the amazing temples. Also, always wanted to try their weed pizza which, to me, sounds fucking perfect.
Question Nine: After a huge economic recession, you find that the only job you are able to acquire is at a touring circus. However, life ain’t all bad because you quickly discover that you have a unique talent. What is this talent of yours, and what stage name will you go by to market yourself during the show?
I’m out of ideas! I’d probably be the one assisting everyone with their needs???
Question Ten: Do you know any good jokes? Do you care to share the funniest joke that you know?
I have the driest humor in the history of the world so no, I don’t know any good jokes. D:
Question Eleven: It’s Monday morning. You get up, have breakfast, get dressed, brush your teeth and enjoy a stereotypically natural experience at work. Upon arriving back home later that day, you discover a peculiar triangular shaped gift wrapped in sparkling purple wrapping paper has been left for. Before you even have the opportunity to open the strange and unexpected present, you hear a tapping at the door, and move towards the front entrance, with your present in tow, to see who it could be. Opening the door, you look upon who was gently tapping. ‘Oh my’ you say…Who is at the door, and what is it they require? Better yet, what is inside that oddly shaped package?
It’s the beginning of the zombie apocalypse and someone from the Intelligence team has come to get me to fly to Mars or something, another Earth perhaps. The oddly-shaped package contains a key card to my suite and Nutella. (HAHAHAHAHA)
Special Bonus Question (cuz you’re awesome and you know it): Do you often spend your time answering ridiculous questions like these, or is this strictly a one off occasion?
Honestly, no matter how bizarre some of the questions are, I enjoyed it! I don’t mind answering ridiculous questions! 😛
Questions from justonemonkeytyping:
1. What is one album you couldn’t live without?
The National’s Alligator
2. What was your childhood dream?
I’ve always dreamed of being a librarian. I like sitting around watching people, the quiet, and being surround by books.
3. If you could choose between knowing every language fluently or being able to play every instrument perfectly, which would you choose?
I’d choose knowing every language fluently because then I wouldn’t have to worry about language barriers when I travel someplace else.
4. What is your opinion of Valentine’s day?
Not too keen on it.
5. Which band/artist would you most like to see in concert?
6. What is the kindest thing anybody has ever done for you?
Someone saved me from hurting myself again.
7. What is your earliest memory?
My Dad proudly showing me his vinyl record collection.
8. What was your favourite subject in high school and why?
Trigonometry! I had serious lady boners for numbers. I didn’t know what happened.
9. If you could choose to speak any language fluently, which one would you choose and why?
French, well because I’m not really good at it. My diction is horrible!
10. Do you have a favourite film soundtrack? If so, what is it?
A Lot Like Love‘s OST is pretty rad.
11. Name three books that you couldn’t live without.
1. Markus Zuzak’s The Book Thief
2. J.D. Salinger’s Franny and Zooey
3. All 7 of the Harry Potter books!
11 Facts About Me:
1. I live in Manila, Philippines.
2. In 1996, I lost my Dad to leukemia. Since then, my sister and I go to the hospital every 6 months to get checked.
3. I’m a registered nurse. I practiced for about a year and a half, but I have no plans of pursuing my nursing career at the moment.
4. I am terrified of social interaction. I am innately shy probably because of my extreme lack of self awareness or maybe I’m just fucked in the head.
5. In 2011, I was diagnosed with clinical depression. Earlier in 2009, because of my nursing background, I noticed signs of depression but denied it to myself. Nobody knows about it (until now).
6. I stopped drinking alcoholic beverages in the last quarter of 2012.
7. I’m an indoorsman.
8. Most people think I’m a well-adjusted human being. That I am this confident, tough, normal kid in my 20s. They haven’t seen my brain is why.
9. The National is my favorite band of all time.
10. I love tattoos. Inked men and women make me tick.
11. I never will fully understand art. Every time I look at a painting or sculpture or collage, what it means to me changes and I guess that’s a good thing.
My 11 nominees:
1. You can only save one: A child that’s destined to solve ALL of the world’s problems by the time she’s 50 or your soul mate?
2. You’re stuck on a island, you can only have 1 human being, 1 album, and 1 dish that somehow floats on the shoreline every time you’re hungry, what do you pick?
3. If you had the DeLorean, what year would you goto and why?
4. What are the things you did today?
5. What is one album you can’t live without?
6. If there was one moment and one time in the last month, what would you change and why?
7. You are on a flight from Honolulu to Chicago non-stop. There is a fire in the back of the plane. You have enough time to make ONE phone call. Who do you call? What do you tell them?
8. You are at the doctor’s office and he has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? What do you do with your remaining days? Would you be afraid?
9. Would you rather be the only person in the world that can read minds or have everyone else in the world be able to read minds except for your own?
10. If you wanted to get away, where would you go? Do you have any secret hiding places?
11. What do you think would be the hardest thing for you to give up? Why would it be hard to lose?
Congratulations to all the nominees and thank you for the nomination x2! Also, I am *so* sorry for the late post! I had to go away for a bit but I am here now. Thank you!